Please Send Cupcakes

Here’s the thing about grief: one minute you’re drowning in it, thinking you’ll never resurface. And the next, up you’ve popped and you’re feeing the sun on your face.

My moods seem to change on a dime.

image

Right now, the work day is nearly through and it’s my birthday.

image

Okay, technically it’s not until Monday. But it’s a big one.

image

So I believe it’s appropriate to begin the celebration now, and continue at least through Memorial weekend.

Just FYI, I am a big fan of cupcakes.

image

Way better than almond butter and bilberry jam sandwiches.

Unconfirmed Bachelorette, a/k/a Ella, is a 50-something-year-old lawyer who wishes fervently she could retire from the practice of law and write full time. Never-married-childfree Ella resides in Austin, Texas with her three fluffy black rescue cats and two interlopers.
This entry was posted in Mid-Life, Stages of Grief and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to Please Send Cupcakes

1. The World’s Top 10 Best Cakes Made With Chocolate Fingers

2. I would send you a dozen if I could. Happy birthday!

3. Ohhh, big day, i send you a lot of cupcakes, the most beautiful ones! Been there, all went well! πŸ™‚

4. Happy Birthday! Many, many cupcakes to you! πŸ™‚ (All my cupcakes are gluten-free, but they are tasty!)

5. ryeder says:

I got a big smile from this …Happy Birthday! Sorry ..I don’t bake …

6. good2begone says:

Happy early birthday! Celebrate early and often!

7. Happy Birthday Long Weekend! May you wallow in cupcakes πŸ™‚

8. franhunne4u says:

Happy 0-Celebration (old woman like me cannot remember the number before that, does it matter?)
    Right you are to focus on what is still there – your life. And yay for you having sun shining and feeling that.
    And if by chance a thought of your beloved ones creeps in (like they do in this comment) – hey, you would not want to celebrate without guests? They will hopefully behave like guests and accept that this celebration is about you. You have only well-mannered guests, don’t you?

Now off I go to look for cupcake recipes.

9. After my mother passed away I went really odd and needed something to do so I baked about 50 cupcakes and an ill fated meringue. My dream of opening up a patisserie was short lived when my partner pointed out the very apparent egg shells in the middle of said cupcakes. Happy birthday!

10. gertmcqueen says:

Happy Birthday! have your fill!

11. anaopp says:

Happy birthday! It’s today, right? Find some cupcakes on my blog πŸ˜›

12. I hope you’re having a great day!

13. Joliana Skies says:

Oh….birthday. Cake. And dreams of cupcakes. Hapoy Birthday….